The other night Chris put the boys to bed and then went to bed himself. Well, the only problem is that he fell asleep before the boys. He woke up smelling an odd smell and walked into the boys room and this was what he found....
For those of you that are wondering, this is paint, and it's in spots all over their carpet. They were on the top shelf of our linen closet, and Brendon decided to climb up and get them down.
Enough said. I'm sure you are all thinking exactly what I am. So I'll leave you to read my thoughts.
These pictures are a little bit off the subject, but yesterday I was gone for choir and a meeting and these are the pictures I saw on the camera later.
Is it just me, or does Ethan look drunk in this picture? I thought those mashed potatoes tasted a little bit odd yesterday!
Last night I went for a walk with Katie. We put the kids in bed before I left, but they weren't asleep when I left. I assume the same mistake happened as the first night where Chris fell asleep before them. This is what I saw when I woke them up.
They found a permanent marker in our kitchen cupboard. Brendon had writing on his arms also, but after scrubbing and scrubbing this morning I was able to get most of it off. I was hoping the kids at school would make fun of him so he wouldn't do it again, but he said that nobody said anything. Not that I want my child made fun of, but maybe next time he would think twice.
Now once again I must say that I am not blaming Chris in any way, but it seems odd to me that the worst incidences happen when I'm gone. It's like a light turns on in their head when I leave and they turn in to Denise the Menace. They must be a lot more scared of me than Chris I guess. Don't get me wrong, they still get into things when I'm home, but Chris gets the worst of it. I'm sure you've all heard the story of the soap and flour, yep, same story! Hopefully some day they will grow out of it, but until then may God give us the patience we need so we don't end up beating them and spending the rest of our lives in jail.
7 comments:
Your kids are hilarious! It's funny to me because they're not my kids so I can laugh about it! LOL! I guess we may have to start going on walks at 10 instead of 9! That way your children and house will be intact when you get back!
Oh, aren't having kids the best!? Someday you WILL laugh about it! But I can see why you would be a little upset, I would be furious, at least about the paint on the carpet! I also think it was quite creative what they did to their nails, and at least it wasn't like a pink marker, right? lol
Oh the joys! All of it is hilarious and I can totally see things like that happening in my family. Like the time Benjamin poured nail polish all over our kitchen table. It pulled the finish off and will have to be stripped, sanded and repainted. But until then a tablecloth will do.
My brother was always convinced that God "blessed" them with their daughter, Emily, because He knew that they wouldn't beat her. That's what kind of child she is! Maybe the same goes for your boys!
*laughing and feeling quite bad at the same time* I am So sorry about the mischief!!! I hope that your prayer of patience is granted ;) hahaha Me too...I think it's the one thing I pray the most about, other than safety. Its so "funny" that they turn into lil' Tarzans when you leave and are able to grab things "out of reach" and then of course do their mischief while dad is asleep!
Aren't kids great! I totally feel the same way about my kids once I leave all heck breaks loose. Hey FYI if all the permanent marker isn't off yet rubbing alcohol will take it off.
Hopefully enough time has passed that you are laughing a little now :) I am curious to know if you were able to get that paint out of your carpet! I am sure I will have similar stories once Max gets a older!! Boys will be Boys!!! Good luck, I will keep you in my prayers!
Just think how your house and the boys would look if Chris was home all the time instead of you!! I'm like Katie and laugh because they're not my kids! You're a good sport, but I guess you have to be with all boys right?!
Post a Comment