Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Brendon's tooth, Ethan and the stairs

Well, it happened again. Brendon lost another tooth!



He was eating ice cream and it fell in his bowl. Whoo hoo! Then he and Jayden proceeded to ask me more questions about the tooth fairy.

Brendon asked, "Mom, why is the tooth fairy too quiet?" Referring to the fact that he couldn't hear her the last time she came for his tooth.

I said, "because she is."

He then said, "Oh,.... that's stupid!"

Normally I would get after him for saying stupid, but I couldn't help but laugh. It was pretty funny. Then he asked me if the tooth fairy is a girl, I said yes. I didn't want to get into big detail in that subject because I didn't know how to explain it. So for now, yes, the tooth fairy is female.

Then Jayden asked, "Mom, can I marry a tooth fairy?" LOL!!! That was too funny! It's odd that I have conversations with the boys about marriage at least once a day, that subject I would think would be far from their minds. I guess at least I don't have to worry about the marriage thing happening for them in the future!

Well, I guess since I gave him a dollar last time, that I will have to give him the same amount this time. It's a good thing he doesn't know about inflation yet! The way things are going now it would have already increased to 2 dollars!!!





On a different note, Ethan has found a new love... the stairs. The other night he was climbing up and down them for about an hour. Each time I came over to check on him he would smile at me so proudly.

I actually video taped him climbing down and at the third step from the bottom he lost his footing and did a cartwheel to the bottom. It was hilarious!! He just sat at the bottom for a second looking down, then looked up at me and laughed. I guess he had to register whether or not it hurt, and whether or not to cry. I would upload it on to the blog, but it takes forever, so I'm sorry you'll have to miss out on seeing it. I don't have the patience to wait hours for it to load.

At least for the next little while I don't have to worry about entertaining him with toys. The stairs are much more convenient! They don't make a mess, and he can't throw them! I just hope the inevitable tumbles once in a while don't cause any harm. I guess he'll live and learn.



3 comments:

Katie said...

I thought I noticed another hole in his mouth today! Yay for another dollar! I had to laugh about his "Oh...that's stupid!" comment, too funny!
I'll have to see the video of Ethan sometime, it sounds hilarious!

Hall Family said...

Yay for Ethan about finding the stairs and Yay for mom that this is a "non-messy" thing to "play" with! :) haha Congrats to Brendan for another missing tooth...not too fast though buddy, because all you'll be able to eat is mushy food!

The Hornes said...

Wow another tooth. Austin has his first loose right now. He is not to sure about it coming out. :) I am glad that Ethan likes the stairs and can go up and down them appropriately for you. The other night when we were at the Bennett's Ashlynn fell down there stairs. I cant wait until I don't have to worry about that. Of course then we will just have another one and and the worry will have to return. Man what a cycle. :)