This post is mainly for me, because I need some reminders some times of how blessed my life is. I know it's not Thanksgiving time yet, but it's still good to express thanks at other times. Right now is one of those times in my life that I need to express my gratitude.
I have been so blessed with an amazing family growing up, and they are still amazing now that I am older. I was most certainly born of goodly parents. They always made sure I was where I should be. We strived hard as a family to pray together, read scriptures together, have family night each week, attend church together, and support each other in whatever we went through. We weren't perfect at these things in any way, but we tried hard. My parents were such a good example to me in the way they lived their lives. They attended the temple regularly. Much of my testimony and desire to strengthen it stems from the example they set from the day I was born. I love my parents, and I couldn't have asked for two better people to teach and raise me. I have three awesome brothers, and the best sister in the world. We all fought a lot growing up, but I have such a deep love and respect for each of them now. They are such a strength to me. I am so greatful for my family! I love you!
I have amazing friends. Friends have always been important to me. The Lord throughout my life has always blessed me with wonderful friends that have strengthened and supported me. I feel so blessed to live in this area. I know we were led here by the Lord. I have made some amazing friends in this area who are such a good example to me. I want to thank my friends that have been there for me when I need it. I can't imagine a world without good friends to lean on and rely on for strength. So thank you! I love you!
I have the best family in the world. I don't know what I did to deserve them, but I guess I must have done something right. We have been so blessed by the Lord. I couldn't ask for anything more, we have exactly what we need right now. I have a wonderful husband that works so hard to support us, who was also born of goodly parents and taught well. I have three amazing boys, that although hard at times, make me feel like the luckiest mommy in the world. They make my life complete. I love them!
My eyes have been opened a little bit lately about how important it is to cherish our families and strengthen each other the best we can. Now more than ever I realize the importance and vitalness of teaching my children the principles of the gospel. I know harder times are ahead. We've all been told that, and my hope is that I can give my children all they need to endure whatever comes to them in their lives, but the only way I can do this is by giving them a foundation that can protect them and give them something they can trust and hang on to. I feel now more than ever the importance of not letting a day go by without having family and personal prayer, without reading the scriptures as a family and individually, without protecting my home from the evils of the world, and without doing all I can to keep the spirit in our home. I don't think we realize how vital all these things are to ours and our children's strength today and in the future. If we do not do these things, we will not stand. They seem so simple, but they are plain and precious, and I hope I can start today to be better at these things, and to make a conscious effort to make them a part of our everyday lives, because even the elect will be deceived, which means nobody is safe.
I hope all who read this will realize the importance of them also, and keep doing them, or resolve today, not tomorrow, to start. The adversary is working so hard to make us think of these things as of little importance. His whole plan is to get us little by little each day, until he has ahold of us so strong that we can't let go, or we don't have the strength to pull away. Don't let him. Don't forget why we're hear. We came here to defeat him, and we need to leave here having accomplished that goal. Live each day with that purpose in mind.
I love you all and thank you for all that you have done and continue to do for me and my family. May the Lord continue to bless and strengthen us all through whatever lies ahead.
Now that I have posted some things that I am grateful for, I tag anyone that reads this to do the same.
Christmas Morning!
4 years ago
3 comments:
You are an amazing woman Melissa!
Ditto, Melissa, on your thoughts! So important. Thanks for your friendship!
Melissa-thanks for the wake-up! I think that we all think of these things constantly, but don't always act on them! Thanks for your example!
Post a Comment