If you're wondering what that circle thing is on the side of her head, they put those there to hold her oxygen tube in place. She had them on both sides. Once she got them off she had red circles on her face for the next few days.
I HATED that IV in her hand, and I'm glad I wasn't there when they put it in her.
Proud big brothers! It's been so cute to watch Jayden with her. It surprises me to say that out of the three boys he holds her the most. With how busy he is all the time, it's fun to see him make time for his little sister. Brendon seems to have more of the attitude- "been there, done that." And that's fine. He still loves her to death.
I love this picture. This is my brother, Allan, and Brendon.
It makes you wonder what's going through her brain with the look on her face.
Ethan has been so good with her. He is actually quite possessive, which is NOT what I was expecting at all. He loves to hold her, especially when he sees me holding her.
The sad thing about dressing her up all cute is, not many people get to see her, and by the time we can take her everywhere, she'll have grown out of them!
Can I just say it has been the awesomest 2 weeks. I have absolutely loved being the mother of my sweet little girl. FINALLY! And it has been everything I had hoped it would be, and so much more. I can't help but feel extreme gratitude everytime I look at her and hold her in my arms. Every nurse and doctor I talked to said it was amazing that she was in such good health, and had no major problems. Two other mothers that had their children at 35 weeks the same day weren't as fortunate, and their kids were still in the NICU with problems the day we came home. How blessed I feel! I'm not sure why we ended up the lucky ones, but I am SO grateful! I don't think I've ever prayed as hard as I did when they were preparing to take her out c-section, and I don't think I've ever been as scared as I was at that moment. I'll just say my prayers lately have been full of gratitude and countless thank you's to our Father in Heaven.
I've always heard people make comments about the difference in having a little girl. There is definitely a difference. The whole feeling is different. I feel a certain tenderness towards her that I never felt with my boys. Not that I love her any more, but it's just different having a girl. It's fun to sit and imagine life in a few years with her. Her hair will most likely be long enough to do something with it, and although I am probably the WORST hair dresser ever, I can't wait to learn by experimenting with her. I can't wait to buy her Easter Dresses. I went to the store the other day and wished SO badly she was big enough to get one for her. They were so darn cute! (Um, NEVER in a million years thought I would say that) I look forward to the late nights we stay up talking about the cute boys in her life, and all her crushes, or the crazy, emotional, girl fights she got into that week. How awesome will it be to watch her make her first basket, score her first goal, and hit or catch her first softball, and if things go the other direction I'm sure it will be just as awesome to watch her twirl around in a dress, or play dress-up with her friends. (Since Chris forbids me putting her in dance.) Maybe she'll be like me and she'll have to pay her older brother to play barbies with her, or beg them to go play a game of horse with her- and she'll kick every one of their butts. These are all just a few things that run through my mind every day. So much to look forward to! I can't wait to live them all, but for now I will enjoy every second that she is my sweet, innocent, little baby girl. I'm not in any hurry for that to change any time soon!
Thank you SO much to everyone for the dinners, gifts, phone calls, and visits. They mean so much to us, and we have really appreciated everything. We love you guys!!
10 comments:
She is ADORABLE!! I cannot get over that hair! So cute! She makes your boys look so much older! I guess I forget that they're growing up too! Congrats again!
Hopefully Chris will change his mind about dance because it's so cute to see your little girl, all dressed up and on the stage!
Katelyn is sich a doll and I'm so happy for you!
She's super cute! I'm glad to hear things are going great. I'm bringing over my frozen meal as soon as I am free to leave the house without my potty training sidekick
She is adorable Melissa!! I can't get over all that hair...and that pink and brown polka dot dress is so stinkin cute!! I am glad you posted pictures!! It does get more and more fun as they get older!! She is so cute!!! (And you look GREAT!!!!)
She is so cute! I didn't realize you had her early; sounds like it was a bit rough! I'm glad to hear things are going okay! I have a cousin that just had her baby 5 1/2 weeks early, and they are still in the hospital. Girls really are fun, but beware, just when you think their hair is long enough to do, they go and cut it all weird, or pull it out, and then you have to get really creative because all their hair is different lengths! Or, that could just be my experience! Either way, it is so fun to have both boys and girls because they are different! Congrats again! Seeing your little girls pictures makes me even more excited for when I get to have mine in 2 months!
Melissa she is beautiful! It is so much fun having a little girl. It's fun to see how cute there big brothers are with her to.
Congratulations! She is beautiful! You have an adorable family!
I could say something about probably every picture on this post. she is a doll and I'm so happy for you guys. what a beautiful family. I'm so glad your boys are adjusting well too. what a world of difference that makes! congratulations!
She is CUTE!! Congratulations to you guys! I'm happy that Hailey has a cousin so close in age that she can play Barbies with, too :)
Post a Comment