Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Bunch of Mumbo Jumbo

This post isn't really about anything in particular, just a bunch of mumbo jumo because I am bored.

I found out from my VT's Sunday that Spring Break is Monday through Friday next week. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? Who in the world planned that one? Dang school scheduling people. Don't they understand what they are doing to me?

St. George is calling my name. I told Chris the other night we are GOING to go in the next few weeks, because I need to get away; away from normal life and away from this CRAP WEATHER! And what better place than St. George? (Well, I can think of quite a few places, but the money factor is an issue there.)

What is up with all the FREAKING snow? I don't know why I'm disappointed. It's like this every year, and every year I complain about it. Sometimes I really hate the state of Utah. Today I would like to move, but then I'm reminded of all the good things here that give us good reason to stay forever, and I find a way to stop being a baby and just get over it. After all, this too shall pass...eventually.

It makes me laugh when the second I pick up Katie in the middle of the night to feed her she starts smacking her lips like crazy. She's not stupid. She knows she's about to get an amazing midnight snack of the best tasting, most luscious milk available. I guess it's good to have something to laugh about when you're woken up in the middle of the night from precious sleep.

Speaking of feeding, I am so grateful I'm not a mommy animal. Like a pig, or dog, or cat. Have you ever watched those poor mothers feed their offspring? It's almost always a big litter and those little things are not gentle. Sure they're cute to us, because we don't have to feed them. They fight like crazy over which nipple is theirs to suck on. Can you imagine having 6 or 7 babies pulling and grabbing at you or fighting in your lap over who gets which side, all while you are engorged and ready to explode. I would seriously lose it!! They are definitely better mothers than me! Of course, that's probably why they aren't too heartbroken when in most cases their kids are taken away after 6-8 weeks. I'm sure it's a relief to them.

I hate the 4-way stop on 15th south, especially in the mornings on our way to school. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!! They aren't that hard to figure out. Just get off your stupid cell phones and PAY ATTENTION!

I decided to play in our rec basketball game on Monday. I couldn't stand it any longer. Plus I was feeling fine and haven't really had any noticable pain for a few weeks, so I figured what the heck. And Tuesday my Bowflex came (which I put together all by myself. Yes, I have to brag, I was quite proud of myself) and I decided to do some lifting. It feels great to be somewhat back to normal. Well, physically at least, I'm still working on the mental side of things. :) I know I've broken some rules, and if my doctor found out he would probably kill me (the only way he ever would is if certain people snitched on me- Katie since she has the same doctor, or my Chris) but what he doesn't know won't hurt anything. I'm feeling fine, and I'm pretty certain I can trust these two people, right? ;)

It's amazing how much I look forward to the insignificant little things in life when I just need to get out and away from the norm of the day. I never thought I would be so excited to go grocery shopping so I can get out and away from children in the middle of the day. It's wonderful. Man, just seeing myself type that is telling me I have serious mommy syndrome because I used to loathe grocery shopping.

Speaking of grocery shopping: Why is it that every time I buy things at Costco they aren't ever in the same spot? Does anyone else have that problem? Yesterday when I went they had moved their diapers, their chicken I like to buy, and their salsa. It's ridiculous. That store is too big to have to search for things when I need them. Just keep everything in the same spot for goodness sake!

I've decided shopping at Walmart drives me insane. I swear everyone that shops there doesn't know how to keep their carts out of the way. When you are looking for something on the shelf, really is it too much to ask to move your cart out of the middle of the isle and put it close to the shelves so that people can get by? I hate that. And I will smack you if I know you and I catch you doing that. Consider yourself warned!

Ethan is being such a good big brother. He is certain to make sure the second I lay Katie down in her bed or put her in her swing that he is right there to pop her and wake her up. They say crying is good for babies, and he is doing such a good job of making sure she stays on top of that. Plus anytime I need a binky for her I can always count on him to know right where one is. (Usually because he's been sucking on it himself) He's doing a great job of making sure she doesn't end up too girly because every time I put a bow in her hair the second he notices he has to make sure it comes right out. And if I put her down on the couch or floor so I can get something done and she starts crying he is so good at making sure he is the first one there to pick her up. Amazingly in this situation she usually stops crying right away. Probably because she's saving her lungs for the screaming that is about to take place from being poked or prodded and she wants to make sure she conserves her energy so I can hear her and come to her rescue. Ethan is wonderful. What a good helper.

I could probably go on all day because honestly this is only a fraction of what's on my mind at the moment. Must be a woman thing or something. We had this conversation a while back with my family. This is information straight from my husband, brothers, and dad. I guess men have something called a "nothing box" where they look like they are thinking about something, but really they aren't thinking about anything. They are in their nothing box. So when you ask them what they are thinking about and they say nothing, don't get mad, they are probably telling the truth. Really this doesn't surprise me. I guess that's why women are more on top of things and are better multi-taskers. We're used to keeping our brains active so they don't go dormant and become extinct. Besides when you're home all day like we as mothers are with hardly any adult conversation, your brain and it's imagination become your bff. However, sometimes I wouldn't mind having a nothing box on days like today, or at night when my mind is racing and I can't sleep. :)

And I think I'm done.....for now.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Don't worry, I won't tell on you! :) Isn't it wonderful to have such great helpers?! I would be happy to take your little helper off your hands for a few hours, he and Kam can annoy eachother for awhile!

Diana said...

I didn't know whether or not to laugh or cry about what you are saying because I totally understand! Adjustment periods can be so hard to go through, especially when you are still recovering phyiscally, hormonally, mentally, etc! Hang in there; the world will become less annoying soon!

Jana Banana said...

Thanks for the awesome post... It helped me stay awake while feeding the baby :)

I've got the same kind of little helper over here too!

Hall Family said...

I don't think I've ever seen into your head quite so much ;) I LOVE THIS POST!!!! And I love the nothing box explanation---going to talk to Alan about that tonight! ahahah And your little helper.... :( I'm sad he won't let her at least have the bows! haha Katie will at least be a tough girl thanks to having very helpful brothers ;)
Wish you could come enjoy our weather...it's been nice....although, if we end up getting your snow then I guess that defeats the purpose. So better luck to you in convincing Chris to go to St.George.

Brittany said...

I LOVE this post Melissa!! It made me smile...especially the Costco thing...what is up with that?? I think they do it so we HAVE to stay in the store longer and buy more bulk items we don't need! :) Cute pictures of Katelyn by the way...they look great!

Marge said...

thanks for rambling - it makes me feel better about all the stuff rattling around in my brain that I'm not quite sure what to do with.