Sunday, May 18, 2008

Yearly Pictures

I try to get the boys pictures done once a year. For some this may not seem like a lot, but I am kind of a cheepo and am not willing to spend a fortune getting them done
professionally, and quite frankly, even if it didn't cost a lot, I just don't have the patience or will power to get them done more often. It took me about an hour to get them all ready and out the door. They're boys for crying out loud, they really shouldn't take that long, should they!? Heaven help me if I ever have girls!!!!
I asked my wonderful friend Katie, who I will take a moment to thank
for her time and MUCH PATIENCE, to take the pictures for me with her nifty camera. We went up to Muller Park Canyon to take them.It was fun to do them outdoors for a change. (I am one of those Mom's, yes I will admit, who usually gets them done with the $5 package at walmart, and no I would not consider Walmart to be professionals.)
We brought Chris along to "help out" with keeping the boys in line, and from running off. Needless to say, he messed around just as much as the boys did, and would have been just as useful if he had just stayed home. (I love you Chris!) Anyway, despite all the distractionsaround we managed to get them done in about an hour. And, thankfully, we managed to not lose any of them in the river! I am happy with the way they turned out, but I think I will still keep the tradition going with the once a year thing, even that seems like too often with all the hassle that goes into it!

3 comments:

Marge said...

Great pictures Melissa - they boys ALL look handsome. You are a great mom! I guess that Katie girl knows a thing or two - don't tell her I said that. Keep up the great work! PS Where is the picture of you and Chris?

Brittany said...

You are hilarious!! What cute boys! Fun Pictures...and I can agree with leaving the dad HOME!! I love your blog!! Keep those cute pictures coming!!

Hall Family said...

This is scary . . . they are looking more and more like their dad. Is that a good thing?

-Alan