Jayden's teacher called me about a month ago and told me Jayden was having a hard time seeing the board and was squinting a lot. I new this day was coming soon with one of my kids considering the fact that I am pretty much blind without my contacts, my whole family wears them, and Chris and almost but one of his family members wear them. It was inevitable, but I was hoping it would hold off for a little while, but no. Of course it had to be Jayden that would need glasses too. My most accident prone child. Anyway, after getting him in for an exam and getting them ordered, I got a call on this Friday the 13th, that they were in so we went and picked them up. $250 dollars later...I was not a happy camper. That's ridiculous!! $128 for the frames, and $125 for the lenses. Seriously? I hate how the medical industry jacks up the price of stuff like this just because they know we need them and have no other choice but to pay their stupid prices. And all of this cost was AFTER insurance paid 20%. Yeah, see what I mean? RI-DI-CU-LOUS!!!
Anyway, after wiping a tear or two from having to write that check, we headed home. Katie came over with her girls and we were hanging out going through some clothes in my basement when Jayden yelled downstairs to me...I heard something about a chin, but not much else, and yelled back "Okay." Yeah, I know, I'm a GREAT mother. Then he came downstairs and said, "mom, Ethan fell off the air conditioning and cut his chin open. There's blood all over his face." I ran up the stairs and outside to find him laying on the ground crying by the house; his face, hands, and top of his shirt covered in blood. He had been jumping off the airconditioning unit outside and lost his footing and hit his chin on our curbing next to it. I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that Kamryn (Katie's girl) was crying harder than Ethan. Obviously she has a sweet, tender little heart. It was pretty funny. I picked him up, took him inside and got him cleaned up. When we got a good look at it, it was obvious, he needed stitches. So Chris took him to instacare and got him all taken care of. Katie and I were joking around guessing how many nurses it would take to hold him down while they stitched him up, but to my surprise, he held perfectly still for them. The doctor told Chris that he did better than most adults do. Wimpy adults, seriously. Anyway, here are some pics...
Sorry, I don't have any pics of his face and hands covered in blood. My mind wasn't really on a camera at that moment...

I guess they put this thing on his head while the numming gel took affect. Love the face! Can you say, "I've had a hard day?"
And...5 stitches later, he's completely back to normal. You'd have never known he had them. Typical boy. He went back to his busy normal self and acted completely fine. I'm hoping he's learned his lesson NOT to jump off the air conditioning unit, but knowing my wonderful boys, they don't learn that quickly. It takes at least 2 or 3 times of getting hurt from something before it finally clicks in their little brains.
Hopefully the next Friday the 13th ends up less torturous on my checkbook and on my poor child!
3 comments:
Oh boy!! I've been waiting for the day M or K says they can't see....We're doomed here too. We figure if the kids make it past 4th grade...maybe they have a fighting chance at not being blind. I agree on the cost of glasses too....I had to buy both glasses and contacts this year. Not cool. So not cool. You are super mom! I wish I were like you--to handle the blood and no freaking out! I need lessons on that! I'm the wimpy one!!! I hope Ethan's chin heals and hopefully *crossing fingers* he has learned his lesson! :)
Oh my! What a day! I didn't even know Ethan had gotten stitches!
So happy I found your blog again :)
شركة شحن من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة شحن من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة شحن من الرياض الي الامارات
شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة شحن من الرياض الي الامارات
شركة شحن من الرياض الي الامارات
شركة شحن من الرياض الي الامارات
Post a Comment