Friday, May 7, 2010

Not sure what to title this...we'll go with, A BUNCH OF STUFF

It's been 10 weeks now since we had our lovely new addition join our family. It's amazing how much they grow and change in that time. Most people that hold her think she is tiny, but I can't get over how BIG she is to me. Of course, then I look at my friend, Linsdsey's, baby who was born 3 weeks before her and she looks gigantic. Probably because she's so tall like her parents, and mine isn't because we aren't tall.
It's amazing to me how fast they develop their own little likes and dislikes. For example: there are two things that are certain to make Katie the most satisfied baby in the world.
1. Her binky
2. Being on her tummy

She LOVES tummy time. Some of you may think I am a bad parent for this, but she actually naps on her tummy. YES, I know, bad. HOWEVER, I do make sure I poke her every 20 minutes or so when she is sleeping to make sure she doesn't get to heavy into sleep. Plus, she's been REALLY gassy lately and being on her tummy seems to calm her down and relieve some of that pain. Besides, my view on the whole SIDS thing is this: It's just one of those things that happens because God wants them and they are too valiant for this world and have already passed their test. I along with all my siblings slept on our tummies our whole babyhood and we are all still alive. (Which obviously means, I still have A LOT to learn in this life) At night, though, I make sure I put her on her back since I don't want to check on her every 20 minutes. :)

She also LOVES sitting up. This was actually the first time we put her in the Bumbo and she loved it.

Now, however, when we put her in it, she doesn't like it so much. She would rather be HELD sitting up. Stubborn little fart!
So, this is what I caught Ethan doing this morning...
Um, yes, that is Katie's bassinet, binky, and nose sucker. We've regressed. I'm not sure what he was planning on doing with the nose sucker though.....
Speaking of Ethan, the other day I sat down to feed Katie and a few minutes later Ethan sat down next to me. I wasn't really paying attention to him at first, but then I happened to look over at him. I almost DIED laughing at what he was doing. He had a "his" baby doll (really a baby doll I got from my brother for my birthday) in his arms, holding her like I hold Katie when I feed her. His shirt was pulled up past his nipples and he had her face pressed against his chest. We tried to get a picture, but when he saw the camera in Chris' hand he quickly put his shirt down. He's not stupid, that would definitely have been serious blackmail material!
And...Katie has now started to learn that she can smile. I tried for the life of me to get a picture of her smiling, but after a few minutes she got sick of my fake, ridiculous, baby talk and cheesiness, that she started crying. I don't blame her, I would cry too being on the other end of that and having to endure it. So this is the best I got. It's basically the end of a smile and she decided to turn her head away.

I don't know how well you can see this, but my poor little girl has a mark on her head in the shape of a V. I don't know if it's just dry skin, or if it's a birth mark-heaven forbid! The comment was made a while back by a friend of mine, "You finally get your little girl and she's got a big V on her head!" I'm hoping and praying it goes away, but it's not looking good. She's had it since birth. Chris thinks it's cool, he calls her our little "Harry Potter" child. Ha, ha. Not funny!



I would just like to point out that Katie is wearing a dress in this picture. I caved AGAIN. It wasn't a church day and I put her in a dress. Man, if my previous self could see me now, disappointment would definitely be my mindset.
Anyway, quick, funny story about this dress stuff. On Saturday we took Katie to the adult session of stake conference. Me being the new "mom" of a baby girl, put her panty hose on the outside of her onsie. How was I supposed to know the panty hose go on first over the diaper then the onsie goes on top of the panty hose. Well, my wonderful, very observant, friend Katie made it a point to correct me, and as she laughed at what I had done, asked me if I would tuck my shirt into my panty hose. Well, Katie, YES I WOULD!! Okay, not really. But does it really matter? She didn't seem to care! Either way, I'll NEVER make that "mistake" again! :)

I don't know what it is about babies, but when they're sleeping on you they tend to rub off and put whoever is holding them to sleep also. Well, here's proof:





This is my brother, Allan. Even sitting up they fell asleep. I guess it's just the peaceful atmosphere they bring around.


I will say one thing, Katie is DEFINITELY VERY LOVED!!



My brother, Jason, and his wife Whitni. Don't they look like such cute future parents?!
(Hint, hint-wink, wink, nod, nod)

Chris changed both kids diapers one day and when I came into the room this is what I found:


Both of them changed, but stripped. I guess the fact that he changed BOTH diapers is what really counts here, right!
I love this next picture. I put Katie down on the floor one day and she was as happy as could be until Ethan decided to join her. Her face makes me crack up every time I look at it, plus the fact that she looks like she's trying to hit his head or pull his hair or something. I don't even have to describe how she feels about the situation. The picture says it all!



Oh, and by the way, Chris dressed her in this picture. I would never put those two combinations together.
Okay, last few pictures I promise. For girls camp this year the stake asked us leaders to take pictures of all the girls going including leaders because they were putting a slide show together and didn't want anyone left out.
Anyway, I'm trying to decide which picture of me to turn in. So I thought I would get other people's opinions.
My confused/looking like I could have bad gas face:




...Or, my angry, I'm going to get you face:



I'm not quite sure which one to choose. But both make a very distinct point:
Don't ask for a picture of me!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your daughter is so cute! I love that last picture of her - so funny!

Brittany said...

I love all the pictures...even the last two! You are so funny! I also love the outfit Chris put on Katie...totally a man thing to do! :) Yes, they are both polka dots, but that doesn't mean they match! :)

Diana said...

I agree, that picture of her not looking so happy at Ethan is hilarious! Ahh, siblings! When Melanie was born, she had a birthmark very similar to Katies, in almost the exact same spot even! It actually has a name, something like a sun kiss, or a strawberry patch? I can't remember. Anyway, it gradually got lighter and lighter, finally going away completely. I know that at about 1 1/2 you could still see it slightly, but I think by 3 it was completely gone. Katie's might not be the same thing, but it looks just like it.

Hall Family said...

haha I love this post! And I'm loving all the pictures!! :)

Emily H. said...

I've never noticed the V on her forehead (of course I've only seen her twice now...) And I, too, didn't know that the tights were supposed to go under the onesie. I do diaper-->onesie-->tights-->bloomers. Whoops. good to know!

Katie is a doll! Ethan is funny :)